Dr. Philip Memoli is the founder of the Center for Systemic Dentistry, and has nearly 30 years of experience in systemic (holistic) dentistry, acupuncture/acupressure, homeopathy, and nutrition, which, along with traditional dental methods, form the basis of his dental practice.
Mercury toxicity, also called mercury poisoning, is caused by a high level of mercury in the body. The presence of mercury has been shown to cause wide range of chronic and acute health problems affecting all major systems in the body; neurological, gastrointestinal, immune, and cardiovascular problems have been attributed to mercury toxicity, as has damage to major organs such as the liver, kidneys, and lungs.
The question of whether or not mercury amalgam fillings contribute to mercury exposure is hotly debated.
- Many dentists believe that amalgam fillings, in use for more than 150 years in this country, are safe and that only a small percentage of the population shows sensitivity to mercury in fillings.
- Many toxicologists associate great risk with the use of mercury amalgam fillings.
Even among the doctors and researchers who agree that the use of mercury amalgam is problematic. Among the latter, common arguments against the procedure include:
- All the mercury has already leaked out.
- Additional tooth structure will be lost by removing existing dental work.
- The patient will be exposed to toxic levels of mercury vapor being released as the fillings are drilled out.
The Center for Systemic Dentistry will work with you to determine the best course of treatment to safely remove your existing mercury amalgam.
Call us today at (908) 464-9144 OR Mail us on email@example.com
Read more about our services: http://www.holisticdentistrynj.com/