Pediatric dental wellness program helps your child to learn the lessons of proper health maintenance and nutritional habits that prevent dental disease. You can bring your child for his or her first dental exam after all the baby teeth are in—generally, between ages three and five.
Our pediatric wellness program begins with a three-part, comprehensive exam that checks tooth diagnosis, jaw development diagnosis, and periodontal diagnosis.
- The tooth diagnosis assesses tooth development, tooth mineralization, and decay development.
- The jaw development diagnosis examines jaw development and alignment of the teeth.
- The periodontal diagnosis is an examination for teen gingivitis.
The purpose of pediatric wellness is to prevent Dental Disease in Children.
Such dental afflictions occur in five stages:
- Stage I examines the underlying causes of a child’s dental problems.
- Stage II looks for oral susceptibility to dental diseases in teeth, gums, and jaw.
- Stage III looks for the initial indicators of dental disease.
- Stage IV is the oral-systemic metastasis stage, when dental problems have progressed to a more serious level.
- Stage V is when systemic manifestations of dental disease occur, which may be either lymphatic or obstetric in nature.
The Center for Systemic Dentistry works to address pediatric dental problems at the earliest stages, remedying the problem and preventing further dental or systemic damage later in your child’s life. Located in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, we are committed to being the state’s leading dental practice that focuses on holistic, healing-focused dentistry. Dr. Philip Memoli and his staff are ready to repair the damage caused by childhood dental problems and ensure that our pediatric patients are committed to maintaining healthy teeth as they grow.
Call us today @ (908) 464-9144