Many patients have heard the term “mercury toxicity” associated with fillings but still have many questions about it: what is it, am I affected by it, and what can be done to remediate it?
Fillings are made of a substance called dental amalgam. This is a mixture of metals, consisting primarily of mercury. Mercury amalgam has been used as a dental filling material around the world since ancient times and in the United States for nearly 200 years.
Current standards for dental education do not include instruction for safe amalgam removal. To receive training in proper removal of amalgam fillings (to protect patient and staff from mercury vapor), dentists receive training from any of several postgraduate institutions, including the Holistic Dental Association and the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology.
The comprehensive protocols established by The Center for Systemic Dentistry ensure a thorough process for safe amalgam removal.
For more information CONTACT INFO
438 Springfield Ave Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922